Many customers contact us to ask "I always thought warm steam was best for runny noses, coughs and congestion. Why should I start using a Cool Mist Vaporiser?" Let's explore that idea a bit more...
No parent likes to see their little one suffering with a persistent cough or runny nose. And it is so frightening to see your child struggling to breathe during an asthma attack or croup episode.
There is no doubt that warm steam has medical and therapeutic benefits for children when they are congested or display croup-like symptoms. However, the current recommendation is that warm steam in a "short burst" is best. For example, 10 minutes in a steamy bathroom, breathing in the vapours and opening the air ways, which may ease congestion, and croup symptoms, and regulate breathing patterns.
But warm steam from a heated vaporiser as a long term, overnight routine in a bedroom may not be the best health solution.
Here are 7 reasons why 'Cool Mist' Vaporisers are better than traditional 'Heated Vaporisers'....
1. No Heat Source Ever: There will never be a risk of you or your child being burnt or scalded from the steam produced by a traditional heated unit, like the Vicks or Euky Bear Vaporiser. Or worse still, having the boiling water inside tip out, if a child pulled the whole unit over and it toppled off a shelf. The water and mist in a 'Cool Mist' Vaporiser will always be cool to touch, even if an accidental spill occurs.
2. The Room Will Not Heat Up: Traditional heated vaporisers can increase the temperature of a bedroom by more than 15 degrees. It can make the room hot and stuffy, and is particularly uncomfortable in Summer. And by the time the water vapor reaches your child's lower airways, it's the same temperature regardless of whether it started out warm or cool. A 'Cool Mist' Vaporiser will not change the ambient room temperature at all, nor will it make the room too cold. In Winter, parents can still operate a heater or A/C in conjunction with the 'Cool Mist' Vaporiser, as it will act as a humidifier, by putting moisture back into the air.
3. Ionized Particles are Constantly Released: 'Cool Mist' Ultrasonic Vaporisers like the Aroma Bloom are multifunctional machines. They are a humidifier and air purifier. Most importantly, due to the water spinning at such a high frequency, the released mist contains millions of ionized vapour particles, allowing for deeper, more effective penetration of the breathing passages.
4. Pure Essential Oils Are Kept in an Optimised Form: 'Cool Mist' Vaporisers do not use any form of heat to diffuse the mist into the atmosphere, so if essential oils are added to the water compartment they are kept in their most natural form. By heating essential oils in a traditional steam vaporiser, you can severely alter the molecular structure and thus destroy the aromatic and therapeutic benefits of the essential oil. By using 'Cool Mist' Vaporisers, the healing qualities of the essential oils will be enhanced by the ultrasonic technology and are easily absorbed into the lymbic system.
5. No Risk of Mould or Mould Spores: Traditional 'hot steam' vaporisers use a large volume of water (up to 5L for one cycle of operation). When the steam is released into the bedroom environment, the molecules settle on the walls and soft furnishings, and can make the walls dripping wet. The water particles need to evaporate, so it means the room must be aired out each day. If left untouched, condensation forms and can potentially cause mould and mould spores to grow and be released into the air, which can be ingested into the lungs. 'Cool Mist' Vaporisers like the Aroma Bloom use only 200ml of water on a 15 hour intermittent cycle. There is no condensation ever - as the water particles are released as a micro-fine mist.
6. Cool Mist Vaporisers Are Easier To Clean: It is nearly impossible to clean the inside of a large, heated vaporiser, due to the narrow opening at the top. And due to the fact that they create heat, it can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and mould to grow. Also, the "Heated Vaporiser Inhalant Eucalyptus Mixture" leaves an incredible amount of residue - mainly because it is a synthetic carrier oil mixed with a small amount of eucalyptus or menthol oil. This mixture has a powerful smell, but may not have as much therapeutic benefit as pure essential oils.
Alternatively, the Aroma Bloom Cool Mist Vaporiser has a lid that easily lifts off, so the whole water compartment can be wiped clean and dry - this usually only needs to be done once or twice a month and takes 10 seconds with a baby wipe. Pure essential oils that are used with these machines leave very little residue.
7. Recommended for Use All Year Round: A 'Cool Mist' Vaporiser is a valuable tool for good health and good sleep 365 days and nights a year. The multi-functional capacity of our Aroma Bloom as a vaporiser, humidifier, air purifier, ionizer and night light will support the health and well being of your family through all seasons of the year, not just in times of acute illness. And unlike other vaporisers or humidifiers that run only for around 5 hours, our range of 'Cool Mist' Aroma Blooms or Aroma Breezes can operate for more than 16 hours on an intermittent setting. Customers have reported improvements in a variety of health conditions with everyday use of this compact but powerful machine. It may provide relief from colds, congestions, cough, asthma, eczema, hayfever, sinus, dry skin, snoring and much more. All in a natural, safe way. With the addition of essential oils, a 'Cool Mist' Vaporiser could be the best healthcare decision you can make for your family.
Please click here to discover which 'Cool Mist' Vaporiser is best for your family. The Aroma Bloom comes in 9 gorgeous colours, so there is one to suit every decor. Plus they are so small and stylish, they will be an attractive feature in any room.
The team at Snotty Noses will ensure dispatch of your order on the same or next business day, so you can start breathing and absorbing the natural health benefits of 'Cool Mist' everyday.
Laura and the Snotty Noses Team x