Congratulations on purchasing Hush - the best cool mist vaporisers on the Australian market. Thousands of Australians put their trust in our safe, no-condensation, energy-efficient diffusers, and we are glad you have too.
In the past, traditional heated vaporisers like Vicks or Euky Bear brands have used lots of water and left large amounts of residue in the base, from the capfuls of Vicks liquid that needs to be added. These traditional machines are very difficult to clean, as the water chamber is hard to access and wipe.
By contrast, ultrasonic vaporisers like Hush are easy to access and clean.
1. We recommend daily use of the ultrasonic vaporiser to purify and hydrate the air in your home or office, in sickness and in health. A simple clean of your unit every 3-4 weeks is ideal.
2. Do not leave unused water or oil in the base of the unit for more than a day. If machine is unused for more than 24 hours, please ensure the machine is empty and dry.
3. Only diffuse 100% pure essential oils in your ultrasonic vaporiser every day, as "fragrant oil essence" or synthetic oil or Vicks/Euky Bear inhalant is full of carrier oil and chemicals and will quickly clog the finer working parts of the machine.
Other 100% pure essential oils like Doterra and Young Living can be used in our machines.
4. Mild, non-abrasive commercial cleaners can be used when diluted.
5. Simply wipe the base and lid, inside and out with a baby wipe and leave to air with the lid off for 30-60 minutes. The lid of the internal funnel can be removed and the funnel can be gently wiped with a cotton tip. You can fill with a 50/50 mix of water and white vinegar and leave to soak for a few hours, then wipe out.
6. Alternatively, dry the unit out completely and use some essential oil (preferably with eucalyptus) on a dry tissue. This is especially useful if there is a slight oil residue inside the base. A firm rub with oil on a tissue should remove any residue.
7. Remember, different oils produce different levels of residue.
8. The energy-efficient unit creates no heat, so can never produce excess condensation or mould.
9. We recommend using the vaporiser 365 days and nights a year, however in periods of non-use, ensure the unit is kept completely dry, with all residual water tipped out.
Thanks for putting your trust in our business and our products.
Laura and the team xx